Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Equality? Freedom?

REally all of the following terms have no real value, especially in todays society. Why is it that many people think they are Free ? or they have freedom ?? Do they really ? I don't think so! We live in such a society that helps give one the illussion that he or she has freedom but the bottom line is that we have the opposite. Ahhhh Capitalism ! We are always bound to fulfill a certain role. A studen role, a friend role, a citizen role. So when does the freedom come into play here ? Even when trying to express ones own individuality ...can that really be done ? Is the TV...aka media not drawing us more so towards generalism vs. individualism. I mean look around ...people are wearing really the same thing I am.....and I am wearing what everyone else is. I guess some would call this the "norms" of society...and that is definitely true. If I were to go into the mall tomorrow wtih knee high shorts....big sweat shirt, no make up, hair all messed up...... I would definitely be breaking a norm. And as we all know "Breaking a norm doesn't feel so good, for I am an out caste then" So again...where is the freedom?

My favorite quote of the day

"There is always a negotiation of context in fact to face interaction"

No comments:

Post a Comment